Public Safety and Facilities Announcements
Teaching and Learning
Andrea Sanow Farewell Open House
Andrea Sanow, administrative assistant for URGO/LSAMP, will be leaving Augsburg for a position in San Francisco with the Lutheran Volunteer Corp. To learn more about what Andrea will be doing visit her Tumblr: http://andreainlvc.tumblr.com/
Her last day at Augsburg will be July 27.
Please stop by the URGO/LSAMP/McNair office suite (Science 152) for cake and well wishes on Thursday, July 26, from 2-4 p.m.
If you have had the pleasure of working with Andrea, you know that her work and her presence will be missed by many faculty, staff, students, and departments, even outside of those she officially serves.
We wish her the best in her future endeavors and can only hope that her professional path leads her back to Augsburg one day.
Join Us for the URGO Summer Research Conference
Wednesday, July 25
All sessions will be held in Kennedy 305
1. Ingrid Bergland (women's studies): "Expressing Gender Nonconforming Identities"
2. Austin Smith (religion): "Devotion to Apple as a New Religious Movement"
3. Micheale Tesma (sociology): "What are the causes of bicyclist-motorist conflict (BMC)?"
4. James Mahowald (sociology): "Tattoos: Meaning and Identity Formation"
10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
1. Ryan Bachman (chemistry): "Preparation, purification and Analysis of Multifunctional organic hydroxy nitrates"
2. Robert Morris (chemistry): "R&R Model: RON Predictions Using Simplified Structure and Entropy"
3. Karleen Stevens (chemistry/mathematics): "Non-periodic Tessellations and Quasicrystals"
4. Megan Rich (biology): "Utilizing Fungal Endophytes as a Biological Control Agent for Soybean Pathogens"
1. Samantha Cantrall (music): "The Influence of Rap Music in the Arab Spring"
2. Hue Manning (English/psychology)
3. Steven Campbell (sociology): "Examining the Relationship Between Young Adults and Young Adults in Recovery"
4. Justin Caron (theatre arts/performance): "Shoots and Ladders: Class and Queer Performance in American Theatre"
5. Nicolette Albertson (film/English)
1. Kevin Ehrman-Solberg (history): "Little Untaught Brats: Ethnic and Religious Discrimination in the Minnesota State Reform School, 1880-1900"
2. Yemi Melka (chemistry): "Catalytic Reduction of 4-Nitrophenol by Dendrimer Encapsulated Nanoparticles"
3. Emily Rutten (biopsychology): "Perception of Causality"
4. Ugaso SheikAbdi (economics/math): "Immigrant Health Care: Recommendations for Increasing Utilization of Health Care Services"
Thursday, July 26
All sessions will be held in SVE Room 206
1. Brianna Noland (mathematical economics): "An Economic Analysis of Financial Factors on Undergraduate Persistence"
2. Ryan Sward (exercise science): "The effects of caffeine during athletic performance"
3. Jessica Larkin (exercise science): "Effects of a 6-week high-speed treadmill running program on ice hockey skating speed and examination of skate speed predictors"
4. Abbey Ehling (education)
10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
1. Chad Gilmer (chemistry/education): "Green Chemistry Experiments and Applications to the Classroom"
2. Eric Dooley (physics/education): "Collecting Dust in the Upper Atmosphere"
3. Lindsey Niederhaus (chemistry/education): "Optimizing Organic Amidization Reactions Using a Continuous Flow Reactor"
4. James Leonard (biology/education): "Daphnia magna Motion Tracking in 3-Dimensional Space"
5. Nora Helf (biology/education): "SCOBY: Bacterial Cellulose and the Classroom"
1. Teryn Coffman (biology): "The Birth of Dopaminergic Neurons in Daphnia Magna"
2. Rico Barrozo (biology): "Neuropharmacology: Drug-Screening in Daphnia"
3. Peter Schmit (biology): "Introductions of Sirna to Regulate Gene Expression in Daphnia Magna"
4. Ashley Waters (chemistry): "A Fool-Proof Method of Synthesizing Coordination Compounds for Radiopharmaceutical Diagnostics and Therapeutics"
1. Jessica Willborg (biology): "Human Airway Secretions Promote Growth of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa"
2. Anna Weitz (biology): "Human Airway Secretions Inhibit Pseudomonas aeruginosa Biofilm Formation in vitro: Implications for Cystic Fibrosis Disease"
3. Charlie Hoy
Keeping Track of Auggies
2000 Dodge Stratus for Sale
2000 Dodge Stratus for sale. Well maintained vehicle with 124,000 miles. Power locks, windows, seat. MP3 player. Runs great. Asking $2,500 OBO. Email email@example.com for more info and photos.