News Archives - 2012
Winter Break safety and department hours
Augsburg College will observe the Christmas and New Year holidays on three dates—Monday, December 24; Tuesday, December 25; and Tuesday, January 1. Many campus offices and buildings will be closed.
In addition, some offices and departments will observe Augsburg President's Holidays from December 26 through December 31. Departments such as Academic Affairs, Admissions, Institutional Advancement, Student Affairs, and Student Financial Services will be open December 26 through December 28.
Please be mindful of the following information from the Department of Public Safety and review the Winter Break hours of operation supplied by the following departments or services.
Campus safety during break
– Buildings will be unlocked each weekday morning at their normal time, except for holidays. Buildings will remain closed on holidays (December 24, December 25, and January 1) and weekends UNLESS there is a scheduled activity or office that requires the buildings to be open.
– Buildings will close no later than 5 p.m. UNLESS there is a scheduled activity or office that needs the building to remain open. Officers will make regular rounds through buildings. During break, officers will close a building if—during their rounds—they find it empty. If you leave for the day and believe your building will be empty, please call ext. 1717 and let DPS know.
– Conference rooms, classrooms, and labs will remain locked UNLESS there is a scheduled activity or office that needs the space.
– If the space you need is locked, and you have a legitimate reason to be in there, call ext. 1717 and an officer will do his or her best to assist you. Please have photo ID and show it to the officer. Some officers will be working different shifts during the break and may not have had the opportunity to meet you.
– Whenever possible, don't work alone. Ideally, there should always be two or more people in your area. If you are working alone, you are encouraged to call ext. 1717 and let DPS know. Officers will more frequently walk by your area.
– If you see anything suspicious, call ext. 1717 immediately.
– Surface parking lot general spaces will not require a permit between December 20 and January 13. However, all specifically marked spaces such as reserved, meters, handicap, etc., still require the appropriate permit or money. These spaces will continue to be monitored as well as all fire lane and time restricted zones.
– Spring parking permit sales will begin the week of January 7, 2012. Please see the parking website for further details on specific sales dates.
See more on the Library hours web page
Saturday, December 22 - Tuesday, January 1: CLOSED
Wednesday, January 2 - Friday, January 4: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 5: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, January 6: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday, January 7 - Thursday, January 10: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, January 11: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 12: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, January 13: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday, January 14: Normal hours resume
See the Athletic Facilities schedule for updated information
The Copy Center is open regular hours through December 21, closed over the holidays, then reopens Wednesday, January 2. The Mailroom (upstairs) and Shipping/Receiving (downstairs) are open 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Thursday, 12/27, Friday, 12/28, and Monday, 12/31. All regular services will be available. We will be staffed "lite" for these days so will not be delivering mail or packages. If you would like your mail or packages on these days, please come to pick up between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. More information on the Central Services website.
More information and updates on the Enrollment Center website.
December 17 - December 21
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday - 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (note early close)
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (note early close)
December 24 - December 28
Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
December 31 - January 4
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
December 21, 2012: All Dining Services locations close at 1:30 p.m.
December 22 -25, 2012: All Dining Services locations closed
December 26-28, 2012: Dining Services office open 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
December 29 - January 1, 2013: All Dining Services locations closed
January 2 - 4, 2013: Einstein's open 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (limited menu), All other Dining Services locations closed
January 5 - 6, 2013: All Dining Services locations closed
January 7 - 10, 2013: Einstein's open 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (limited menu), All other Dining Services locations closed
January 11, 2013: Einstein's open 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (limited menu) and 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. (full menu), Nabo 4:00 - 7:00 p.m., The Commons is closed
January 12, 2013: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (full menu), Nabo 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., The Commons is closed
January 13, 2013: The Commons opens at 5:00 for dinner, Einstein's and Nabo are closed
January 14, 2013: All Dining Services locations resume normal operating hours